Thank You to Everyone Who Attended Our Flagship Event: The
the event are available here, courtesy of Duzynski
Are you about to enter the "real world"? This event is
This is a must-attend event for any student getting ready to
apply for their first job or internship. This is your opportunity
to practice your interviewing skills, show your resume to local
marketing professionals, and learn powerful tips to sell yourself
through social media all in one night.
Three different sessions. One must-attend
Sell yourself in 6 minutes or less! Similar to speed
dating, our speed-interviewing session gives you the chance to
practice in a no-pressure, learning environment. You'll rotate to a
new professional every 6 minutes, and gain valuable feedback on how
to present yourself in a face-to-face interview.
Your resume is your first impression on an employer - and your
ticket to getting that first interview! In this session, multiple
marketing professionals will review your resume and give you
personal tips on how to sell yourself on paper. Note: Make
sure to bring plenty of copies of your resume!
Sell Yourself with Social Media:
So you're on Facebook and Twitter… now what? In this social media
presentation, learn how to use your social media profiles to your
advantage when you start applying for jobs.
Food and beverages will be provided.
Rescheduled Date: Thursday, March 28,
- $15 online pre-registration has ended.
- $20 registration at the door.
Free parking is available in the ManpowerGroup Visitors' Lot. Download
- 5:30pm: Students arrive for registration,
dinner, and pre-event networking
- 5:50pm: Students' orientation begins
- 6:00pm: Students rotate among different
sessions for the evening
- 8:00pm: Evening concludes
Online registration is now closed!! However, we will take
registrations at the door!
Tips for the Evening:
- Dress is business casual or business professional: no jeans,
sneakers, or flip flops.
- Bring multiple copies of your resume to be reviewed.
- If you have personal business cards, bring copies to share with
- Remember that this is a learning experience, so have fun!
Check your email, the BMA-Milwaukee website, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for details! For
questions about the event, please contact
Tiff Pua, BMA UOC Event Contact.